All sessions will begin at 1800 and will run for a minimum of 90 minutes unless otherwise advised.
– Tuesday 15/11 Home training ground: Training will commence with an important information session so everyone knows what to expect from the pre-season and how we intend to play in 2017. We’ll be forming a new leadership team for 2017 and we’ll go through that as well. We will also undertake some fitness work and testing.
– Thursday 17/11 Home training ground: First serious session.
– Tuesday 22/11 Bay run and various exercises: We’ll arrange a meeting place prior to the date.
– Thursday 24/11 Home training ground: Second serious session.
– Tuesday 29/11 Alternative venue yet to be confirmed.
– Thursday 1/12 Home training ground: Third serious session.
– Saturday 3/12 Optional training event with venue yet to be confirmed but we can confirm there will be beers following.
– Tuesday 6/12 Home training ground: Fourth serious session.
– Thursday 8/12 Alternative venue yet to be confirmed.
– Tuesday 13/12 Home training ground: Fifth serious session.
– Thursday 15/12 Home training ground: Sixth serious session.
– Saturday 17/12 Official closing ceremony for pre-Christmas training. Venue yet to be confirmed and will be dependant upon the overall player involvement up to this date. Beers and disco to follow.
The entire pre-season will be a teams competition with points awarded and deducted and prizes rewarding winners and significant efforts. This will only work if we have strong commitment from everyone involved so the ball is very much in your court as to how successful we’re going to be.
Clear your calendars on the 22 of October for Presentation night at the Orange Grove Hotel in Lilyfield from 7pm.
The highlight of the evening is the L.C Lock Award for the First Grade Best & Fairest player
The Best & Fairest Reserve Grade player will receive the Bill Murphy Award
The Best & Fairest Fifth Grade player will receive the Milton Morrison Award
Other awards for each grade will also be announced throughout the evening.
Notice is hereby given that the 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Balmain Australian Football Club (the club) will be held on Wednesday September 28 at The Orange Grove Hotel at 7pm.
- The club now calls for nominations for the committee for 2017.
Nominations are requested for the positions of
- President, Vice-president, Football Operations Manager (x2), Matchday Manager (x2), Social and Events Manager (x2). Treasurer and Secretary roles are also called for.
Nominations close at COB on August 24.
- Presentation of financial statements
At the conclusion of the AGM the newly elected committee will hold a general meeting where the agenda is the following:
- Coaches report
- 2017 schedule – training and ground allocation
- Role of the committee and overview of responsibilities
- 1, 3 and 5 year plan to be discussed
- Any other business
All nominations should be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than August 24
Troy Luff played his 500th senior game over the weekend and was a key figure in the 100 point win over the East Coast Eagles with 3 goals.
A soiree of local and international reporters and photographers were on hand to catch Luffs remarkable achievement as he took to the field for the 500th time and according to Luff he’s not giving up anytime soon.
In other news Luffy worked through his 745th hangover on the Sunday.
Congratulations Troy, well done from everyone at Balmain