Happy New Year Tiger Fans and welcome to 2017 which we’re calling Year of the Tiger!
We’re calling out for more players to come and have a run with us. It doesn’t matter if you’ve played all your life or are just starting out, we have a team for you.
Div 1 – Our First Grade team for the fitter and more skilled guys
Div 3 – Our Reserves team for those pushing for selection into First Grade but not quite ready yet
Div 5 – Our Development/Social side that is a mix of all skills and especially or those that have never played before or are a bit older and looking to compete still
Masters – Our new Over 35s team with less intense training, modified rules and a stronger focus on the social side
Whatever team you play in you will have a great time and meet some interesting people!
*******Pre-Season starts on Tuesday the 17th of January******
Pre-Season Training Schedule:
The first Training session will be at Glover St Oval in Lilyfield, meet on the Wharf Road side at 6pm.
Thursday’s location will be posted soon, 6pm start
Bring Runners, Boots and a towel
From Tuesday 14/3:
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm at Glover St Oval in Lilyfield until the end of the Season
All sessions will begin at 1800 and will run for a minimum of 90 minutes unless otherwise advised.
– Tuesday 15/11 Home training ground: Training will commence with an important information session so everyone knows what to expect from the pre-season and how we intend to play in 2017. We’ll be forming a new leadership team for 2017 and we’ll go through that as well. We will also undertake some fitness work and testing.
– Thursday 17/11 Home training ground: First serious session.
– Tuesday 22/11 Bay run and various exercises: We’ll arrange a meeting place prior to the date.
– Thursday 24/11 Home training ground: Second serious session.
– Tuesday 29/11 Alternative venue yet to be confirmed.
– Thursday 1/12 Home training ground: Third serious session.
– Saturday 3/12 Optional training event with venue yet to be confirmed but we can confirm there will be beers following.
– Tuesday 6/12 Home training ground: Fourth serious session.
– Thursday 8/12 Alternative venue yet to be confirmed.
– Tuesday 13/12 Home training ground: Fifth serious session.
– Thursday 15/12 Home training ground: Sixth serious session.
– Saturday 17/12 Official closing ceremony for pre-Christmas training. Venue yet to be confirmed and will be dependant upon the overall player involvement up to this date. Beers and disco to follow.
The entire pre-season will be a teams competition with points awarded and deducted and prizes rewarding winners and significant efforts. This will only work if we have strong commitment from everyone involved so the ball is very much in your court as to how successful we’re going to be.
Clear your calendars on the 22 of October for Presentation night at the Orange Grove Hotel in Lilyfield from 7pm.
The highlight of the evening is the L.C Lock Award for the First Grade Best & Fairest player
The Best & Fairest Reserve Grade player will receive the Bill Murphy Award
The Best & Fairest Fifth Grade player will receive the Milton Morrison Award
Other awards for each grade will also be announced throughout the evening.
Notice is hereby given that the 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Balmain Australian Football Club (the club) will be held on Wednesday September 28 at The Orange Grove Hotel at 7pm.
- The club now calls for nominations for the committee for 2017.
Nominations are requested for the positions of
- President, Vice-president, Football Operations Manager (x2), Matchday Manager (x2), Social and Events Manager (x2). Treasurer and Secretary roles are also called for.
Nominations close at COB on August 24.
- Presentation of financial statements
At the conclusion of the AGM the newly elected committee will hold a general meeting where the agenda is the following:
- Coaches report
- 2017 schedule – training and ground allocation
- Role of the committee and overview of responsibilities
- 1, 3 and 5 year plan to be discussed
- Any other business
All nominations should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 24